Columbia, SC – The Columbia Museum of Art announces the return of Arts & Draughts, Columbia’s most creative party, on Friday, November 11, from 7:00 to 11:00 p.m. Held twice a year in the fall and spring, Arts & Draughts is a great opportunity to have fun with friends and community creatives while exploring the CMA in a party atmosphere. This time it’s on Veterans Day and features a fantastic lineup of live music, stand-up comedy, food, libations, art activities, and art experiences from the booming Columbia cultural scene and beyond.
“Arts & Draughts is back again with another exciting lineup!” says CMA Manager of Engagement Wilson Bame. “I’m stoked for the return of Autocorrect and a chance to highlight some of the region’s best performers — from funk to indie to dance and comedy, we’ve got this one packed out with art hitting from every angle. Not to mention this is the Whig’s last Arts & Draughts. Come help us celebrate our longtime partner at their last A&D hoorah!”
Attendees can expect to:
- Stroll the open galleries, from the CMA Collection to exhibitions European Splendors: Highlights from the Kress Collection, The Art of Elizabeth Catlett: From the Collection of Samella Lewis, and Forward Together: African American Art from the Judy and Patrick Diamond Collection
- Groove to live music from Autocorrect, Leone & the Ascension, Monsoon, and DJ Preach Jacobs
- Laugh it up with live comedy from local comedians Topher Riddle, Jenn Snyder, and Christian Williams
- In honor of Veteran’s Day, take Unique Perspective Tours through the CMA galleries with veterans on CMA staff as well as Ana Sazonov and Sergio Alarcón from nonprofit organization Bullets and Bandaids (and veterans of the current war in Ukraine)
- Check out Anamnesis, a live dance and interactive experience from Moving Body Dance Co.
- Take part in printing the official Arts & Draughts T-shirt designed by Before the Ink is Dry, or pick one up for sale printed in advance by Screened Out Printers
- Make a print inspired by The Art of Elizabeth Catlett
- Make a gilded mixed-media collage inspired by the art and frames in European Splendors
- Go on a scavenger hunt in the CMA Collection
- Learn more about organizations doing good work in Columbia communities: Bullets and Bandaids and the Women’s Rights Empowerment Network (WREN)
- Nosh on food available for purchase from Dae’s Delicious Dogs, Mary’s Arepas, The Hott Mess, and VG Food
- Sip on brews in The Whig’s beer garden at their last Arts & Draughts
$10 / $5 for members. Cash bar. Become a CMA member at the door and get free admission, or volunteer for a short shift and enjoy the rest of the night for free.
Sponsored by Ambient Media, Free Times, Mast General Store, Prisma Health, Sound Bites Eatery, The Whig, and 99.3 WXRY-FM.
For more information, visit columbiamuseum.org.